Step 1: Preparing a Ledger device for operation
1. You've initialized your Ledger device. Note: Waves.Exchange supports Ledger Nano S, Ledger Nano X and Ledger Blue models.
2. The latest firmware is installed.
3. Ledger Live is ready to use.
4. Google Chrome, Firefox browser or Waves.Exchange Desktop app is installed.
5. A seed (24-word recovery phrase) of your Ledger device is saved.
Note: learn this article if you lost access to your Ledger device.
Step 2: Install the Waves app on the Ledger device
1. Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
2. Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
3. If asked, allow the manager on your device by pressing the right button.
4. In the Ledger Live catalog, find the Waves app and click Install.
The installation window will appear and your Ledger device will display Processing... then the app installation will be finished.
Step 3: Open the Waves app on your Ledger device
- once the Waves app is installed, use the left or right button to find it on the dashboard.
- press both the left and the right buttons simultaneously to launch the Waves app.
Step 4: Import account into Waves.Exchange via Ledger
1. Make sure your Ledger device is connected, unlocked, other cryptocurrency apps are not running and not intercepting the connection between Ledger and Waves.Exchange wallet. The Ledger Live must be closed as well.
2. Open Waves app on your Ledger device
3. Open https://waves.exchange/ in browser or install Waves.Exchange Desktop app.
4. Log into your Waves.Exchange account:
4.1. Click on the Log In button (top right corner);
4.2. After that click on the Ledger or Waves Keeper panel;
4.3. Then choose Ledger option;
4.4. Type your password and click on the Continue button.
Note: If you are using Waves.Exchange for the first time:
- click the Sign Up button (top right corner);
- after that click on the Ledger or Waves Keeper panel;
- then choose Ledger option > set passwords and click on the Continue button;
- click on the Import accounts button on the next page > choose Ledger option;
5. The next window will appear:
6. Select an account to interact with. Set an Account ID manually to select an account or select an account from the list.
Note: save the Account ID, it would be needed for importing this account.
7. Set a name of the account
8. Click Continue and confirm the request on your Ledger device. If you do not sign it, you will not be able to trade on the Waves.Exchange from the Ledger account. When you click Continue you should be able to see the full functionality of the Waves.Exchange app.
How to send cryptocurrency
At the top left corner of the Portfolio page and click Send.
Fill in the sending form:
Asset: Select an asset that you want to send.
Recipient: Enter the recipient's address.
Amount: Define the number of selected assets you want to send.
Description: Optional. You can write a message for the recipient in this box.
After you have entered all the necessary information, click Continue.
The following pop-up will appear. Check the entered data and confirm the transaction on your Ledger Nano device.
How to use several Waves.Exchange accounts with Ledger
Ledger device can hold as many Waves.Exchange accounts as you need. To add another account, start the importing process as described above with Ledger device and Waves.Exchange app and select the required account.
Specify a name and click Continue.
Confirm the request on Ledger device by comparing the request hash between the Waves.Exchange app and the data on the Ledger screen. If the hash is correct, confirm the it on your device.
After that you will be forwarded to the main page of the Waves.Exchange app.
If the Waves.Exchange wallet cannot connect to the Ledger device:
- make sure that you are logged into Ledger device and have launched the Waves app in your Ledger device;
- make sure that other apps/sites using Ledger are closed, including Ledger Live;
- make sure that you are using an updated version of Ledger Live, Ledger Firmware, Waves app;
- make sure that you are using a "native" cable (the one that came with the Ledger device) to plug Ledger into your PC;
- disable VPN, AdBlock and other extensions/programs that may interfere with the connection between Waves.Exchange and Ledger;
- check out the following guide to troubleshoot connection problems - https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005165269-Fix-connection-issues
If you have any questions related to Waves.Exchange, feel free to contact us via customer support.
tags: use ledger nano device